This video shows you how easy it is to install the J&T water temperature gauge on your snowmobile. This is a "Must Have" for any snowmobile rider in order to keep an eye on your water temperature so you don't melt a piston.
List of parts and tools needed:
-4 electrical eyelets
-3 pieces of wire
-Electrical tape or wire nuts for connecting the wires
-2" hole saw
-Socket or crescent wrench to tighten the nuts with
-Wrench (crescent ect..) to remove existing water temp gauge
Steps to install the J&T Water Temp Gauge:
1. Cut the 2" hole in your instrument panel where ever you want it located
2. Insert the gauge from the front of the instrument panel. It should fit tightly when pressed through the hole. It will be tightened after the 3 pig tails are on the posts.
3. Create 3 pig tails of wire how ever long you need them to reach your ground, hot and water temperature wires.
4. The back of the water temperature gauge has letters by each of the posts. They are a little hard to see, but they are there. The "G" post is your ground post. The "I" post is you "hot" wire post and the "S" post is your water temp sensor post.
5. Splice into a green (Green on Arctic Cats) ground wire for your "G" post.
6. Splice into a yellow (Yellow on Arctic Cats) hot 12volt wire for your "I" post
7. Use the existing water temp wire and attach your pig tail to it for your "S" post.
8. Remove your existing water temp gauge. Some fluid will drip out. You can put a rag over it to stop the flow before you screw in the J&T water temperature gauge. Make sure you have the right sized reducer for your threads. Check with J&T to make sure you have the right size. Hardware stores also carry reducers that can be used.
9. Thread in the temp gauge.
10. Depending on what type of end is on the water temp wire, you may have to put an eyelet on it. Attach the sensor wire to the temperature sensor. Make sure that the connector is not touching the "body" of the temperature sensor because it causes
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades